Why choose Maryville?
Maryville Addiction Treatment Center is a great place to work. Our staff of dedicated professionals devote themselves each day to helping people suffering from addictive disease and co-occurring disorders reclaim their lives. Our commitment to service excellence is reflected in the high satisfaction ratings we receive, an honor we attribute to the compassion, commitment and quality of our staff. We are a growing organization adding locations to provide greater access to services.
Maryville offers a supportive and positive workplace environment with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance, tuition assistance and a generous 401(K) employer match. Come see for yourself! Join our dedicated team as we work together to transform lives.
Current employment opportunities include:
Counselor (full-time in Williamstown)
- Assesses the counseling needs of the clients using the ASI and diagnoses clients for substance use disorder using the DSM.
- Determines the appropriate level of care according to ASAM Patient Placement Criteria for placement, continued services, and transfers.
- Collaborates with the client to develop a written treatment plan that includes goals and measurable objectives, and is client centered as well as recovery oriented.
- Provides substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan.
- Reviews and, where necessary, revises the client treatment plan to address ongoing problems.
- Develops discharge/transfer plan to ensure movement to the appropriate levels of care.
- Contacts, consults and coordinates with referral sources as appropriate.
- Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team for assigned clients.
- Documents all client encounters accurately and appropriately in clinical record.
- Maintains records such as NJSAMS, ASAM, ASI, bio-psycho-social history & assessments, evaluations and keeps clinical record current.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or full certification as an Addictions Counselor is required.
- CADC certification.
- Minimum of two years’ counseling experience preferred.
Assistant Billing Supervisor (location is open) – Provides guidance and direction with daily billing operations including reconciliation of billings with Accounts Receivable ledger, and the identification and streamlining of billing cycle processes. Processes denials and collections from all funders. This role will serve as backup for billing support staff at outpatient sites during days or evenings as needed. Work requires evaluative and analytical thinking, the operation of standard business office machines, computers, and attention to detail.
• Assists with overall billing cycle
• Helps reconcile billings with AR ledger
• Works denials and collections from all funders
• Acclimated with multiple funding streams including but not limited to state and county funding, Medicaid, and private insurance
• Cross trained with Billing Supervisor
• Serves as back up to billing staff at multiple sites, day or evening
• Proactive identification of simplification/automation opportunities
• Strong organization and supervisory skills
• Detail oriented and able to focus in a fast paced environment
• Ability to present & communicate to multiple levels of management
• Excellent MS Suite skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Prior experience working in addiction environment helpful
Outpatient Office/Billing Support (full-time 2nd shift position in Turnersville) – Front Desk Responsibilities: This individual is responsible for the receptionist duties in an outpatient office, including but not limited to the prompt and pleasant answering of telephones, greeting visitors, and various general office duties as assigned.
Billing Support Responsibilities: Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures in a coordinated effort with the Billing Supervisor.
This is a responsible program support position which is plays a key role within this multi-service drug and alcohol treatment facility. The person in this position must be highly motivated and able to be cross-trained in billing and producing reports as they relate to an outpatient facility. This individual participates in admissions and referral activities which affect the delivery of client services. Works under supervisor oversight in accordance with work instructions, accepted standards of client service, accepted practices, and applicable regulations. Position requires some evaluative thinking. Contact is with clients, their families, personnel from referring agencies, fellow staff members and the general public, as this position calls for meeting and directing incoming clients and visitors.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Professional manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) are required. High school graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.). Prior experience in addiction treatment environment helpful. If recovering, must have at least two (2) years of continuous sobriety and maintain sobriety throughout employment.
Food Service Worker/Cook (part-time in Williamstown)
Assists with preparing well balanced, nutritional meals. Maintains reasonable food costs through the proper use, preparation and storage of food, ensuring a sanitary kitchen at all times.
- High School Diploma/GED is required with two (2) years in food preparation and management.
- Previous experience working in a food service operation providing complete meal service (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is preferred.
Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN for residential program (full-time and part-time in Pemberton) – Provides initial nursing assessment for all new admissions as well as follow-up of all clients during treatment. Administers medications and records this activity in the appropriate medical chart.
- Reports any changes in client’s behavior and/or vital signs. Performs follow-up nursing assessment.
- Arranges appropriate appointments with health care providers as well as additional health screenings and supplemental tests as ordered by physician.
- Administration of medications, as well as supervision of self-administered medications, where appropriate and allowed by regulation. Maintains accurate records.
- Maintains accurate psychiatric evaluation schedule, provides copies to counselors and finance.
- Maintains adequate inventory and accurate records of medical/office supplies in compliance with governing regulations and agency policy.
- Ensures proper storage of supplies as required by regulation.
- Under supervision of the unit’s registered nurse, provides education for clients regarding health, nutrition, safety, and medication compliance
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current RN license or LPN license in good standing in New Jersey.
- Previous experience in addictions, psychiatric or mental health preferred.
- Must be available for duty on a rotating basis.
Counselor in Training/CIT (full-time and part-time opportunities in Williamstown) Under close supervision, performs work in the monitoring, care, supervision, treatment and rehabilitation of clients. Monitors treatment activities and interacts with clients on an individual basis under the supervision of the Lead CIT.
- Continues special training in areas designated by the supervisor and in combination with the established “training plan”; while on the path to CADC certification.
- Prepares records, such as treatment plans, counselor logs, bio-psycho-social histories and evaluations
- Keeps client case records current according to established guidelines, while working under the guidance of a senior counselor/or program director.
- Role models professional social behavior to both co-workers and clients.
- Encourages clients, providing support as needed.
- Conducts random and scheduled inspections of client living quarters and fire safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Preferably enrolled in an approved academic program actively working towards certification as a Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselor.
- Knowledge of D&A treatment required.
- Minimum one year prior experience working in a residential or group home is preferred.
Qualified applicants must submit a confidential resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Human Resources
129 Johnson Road, Suite 7, Turnersville, NJ 08012
Maryville is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce (minority, female, protected veterans, LGBTQ, disabled).